Re: Jim Lyon's proposed possible extensions

2004-06-18 21:08:43
On Jun 18, 2004, at 4:37 PM, Jonathan Gardner wrote:

We can win the XML argument if we stick with authentication, authentication, authentication, and don't allow anything else. I can see their arguments
falling apart as we approach detailed specifics.

I think we've been taking the wrong approach to the XML thing and haven't been thinking outside of the cliche enough. One of the two principle problems with XML is that it puts into DNS the kind of material that just doesn't belong there. But there is an obvious solution to this: Instead of using DNS, we should use Active Directory.

Note:
Normally, I hate putting in smilies or the like. But to avoid this message having a trollish effect, let me make it clear that the above is a joke.

-j