Re: overall paradigm shift in email, plus rambling philosophical discussion

2004-06-21 07:36:18
Paul Howarth wrote:

someone using an out-of-the-box Bayesian-style spam filter
(e.g. the one that's built into Mozilla) might not be able
to do that. If their MTA puts "Received-SPF: neutral" into
all such mails and most of them turn out to be spam, the
scoring system of that filter will weigh against the neutral
result no matter what the spec. says

ACK, that's a strange side-effect, but working as designed.
And definitely no reason to blame SPF or to drop its header.

BTW, after getting about 500 useless bounces per day for the
last 3 months I'm now back to less than 50 for the last three
days.  Maybe "my" spammers have given up to forge my addresses
after my ISP added the missing wildcard sender policy for all
vanity hosts.

Or the spammers abuse more domains, I still see the same old
spam indicator ---- system information ---- in the remaining
useless bounces.
                    Bye, Frank