Re: overall paradigm shift in email, plus rambling philosophical discussion

2004-06-21 07:33:23
On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 06:51:14AM -0700, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

| Well, yes and no.  With the exception of aol, earthlink and amazon, the
| bulk of the "pass"es that I see are from spammers.  So I fully expect
| that my statistical filtering (Bayes with autolearn through
| spamassassin) is learning to treat passes as weakly
| spammish.

Machine learning algorithms need to key off the combination
of authentication-result and sender-domain.  Doing one
without the other is like eating a sandwich without any
bread.

http://spf.pobox.com/slides/unified%20spf/0335.html