Re: spf-milter and memory

2004-06-26 12:03:10
On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 07:50:33AM +0200, Ralf Doeblitz wrote:
--On Donnerstag, Juni 24, 2004 07:28:43 -0700 Chris Miller
<ctodd(_at_)netgate(_dot_)net> wrote:
[spf-milter memleak]
Given that this doesn't seem to be causing anyone else problems, I suspect
this is a Perl issue, not an issue with spf-milter. Is anyone else
processing this volume of mail?

We process far fewer mails, so spf-milter does not grow as fast, but I
still can see it growing, apparently without bounds. Fortunately this only
means that I have to restart it about once per month, so it is no show
stopper for us.

I think that if you're processing lots of mail, it makes sense to use
libspf with and a patches sendmail. Now I haven't tried this yet, but
maybe it is a better alternative for the milter anyway.

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

Send us money!  http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html