Re: Re: Some stats on TXT usage in domain names (updated)

2004-06-28 00:50:46
Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

There was a net increase of 2040 domains with SPF records, a 32.3%
increase in the last month.  SPF records are now the most common
type of TXT record usage, surpassing the "unix epoch timestamp" that
is found in many zones.

In the ".fr" zone (241984 domains), we have 46 domains with SPF, so
much less than your measures.

I guess that this could be a problem of the French language that is spoken in France and the other Frech speaking countries.

Perhaps this does not match the people in France but in Switzerland the French speaking people defenatly do not want to speak another language. Even if they can. I know many french speaking people the CAN speak German. But they DO NOT speak German. They hate speaking another language then French. Finaly I learned speaking French to be able to communicate with the French speaking people.

I could imagine that it is a similar problem with English. I only know very very view French people they are speaking an UNDERSTANDABLE English (they exist but they are very very rare).

And I think most of French people do not read any english written journals. And I do not know if there are any articles in the french written journals like in the Linux Journal about SPF. So French people perhaps simply do not know SPF.

Teddy

PS: I live about 15 km away from France in Switerzland near Basel. During the day there are working more french people in Basel then swiss people. Most of them do not know what a "computer" is. They only know the word "ordinateur" (the French word for computer). So how should they communicate with the rest of the world if they use different world for everything. I only know one french word that is equal to other languages: Internet. And I'm no sure if it is really a french word.

--
Teddy's Computerworld      http://www.teddy.ch/
Himmelrainweg 2            mailto:teddy(_at_)teddy(_dot_)ch