RE: libspf2.org - Returned mail: see transcript for details

2004-06-28 03:41:50
On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 01:39, Michael R. Brumm wrote:

I'm not the webmaster of the site, but I do know that the library is in
transition from:
http://www.midwestcs.com/spf/libspf-alt/
http://www.libspf2.org/

In addition to the new website, a mild re-organization of the library's
directory
structure has been done, the test suite is being updated, an issue tracking
database
is being established, support for several MTAs are being written,
and source control is being established to make it easier for the development
team.

You forgot to include the disrespectful attitude displayed to me by the
use of the domain name 'libspf2.org' which is clearly an attempt to
usurp the title of official spf library from my self.

This is illustrated from the way my library is referenced on Wayne's
site as "An older SPF library", and its found on the bottom of the pile.

I'd expect to find plenty of problems at this time.

You know Michael, I seem to have done all of the above (excluding the
subversive and underhanded activities of Shevek & Co) without every
leaving my MTA capable of delivering mail properly.

Unless I was a %(_at_)#^%& jerk-wad, that is.
Then I'd probably post a really inflammatory message on a public mailing list

Your post is far more inflammatory than Chris's was.  You appear to
either be under stress, or are taking his e-mail too personally...

instead of just sending a friendly notice to the domain owner using whois.

If you didn't notice, the content of his post was such that he was
UNABLE to send EMAIL to the OWNER of that domain.

... while talking to libspf2.org.:
DATA
<<< 550 relay not permitted
550 5.1.1 <webmaster(_at_)libspf2(_dot_)org>... User unknown
<<< 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA

I think Chris took appropriate action.

Cheers,

James

--