register.com and SPF advocacy

2004-06-30 18:14:55

The last discussion of register.com I saw in the archives was in
January.  I just had a similar experience trying to add SPF
records for my domains.

I know I could move my DNS to zoneedit or something, but that
seems like letting register.com off the hook.  Moving the domains
to another registrar, as mentioned previously, would be a pain.

Register.com claims to manage 3 million, so this would seem to be
a major advocacy issue for SPF supporters.  Not an issue to be
ignored or lightly dismissed.  Convincing register.com not just
to support TXT records, but to maybe even add a version of the
SPF wizard that helps users update the records would be a huge
boost to SPF adoption.

Make it easy, and they will come.

Chris