Bell South requires SMTP-AUTH of all customers by July 13, 2004

2004-07-03 02:55:44
Mina-san,

As was forwarded to me by a friend on Bell South's network, you'll see
that they are taking a step in the right direction.  I've been
personally lobbying for this at my own ISP and its been given the ole
VETO to date, perhaps this will change things...

Announcement from Bellsouth.Net:

-- snip !

This spam fighting upgrade to the BellSouth e-mail service requires
you to make a small change to your e-mail client by July 13, 2004.
This change must be made to each account that uses your e-mail client
program.  These accounts include any account you have that ends in
@bellsouth.net as well as accounts from other ISPs, such as yahoo.com,
msn.com, etc.  The change is:

-- snip!

If you do not ensure this change by July 13, 2004, after that date,
you will be asked to enter the account password each time you send an
e-mail. These changes will be required in order to send e-mail with
our enhanced protection.

There you have it folks.

Cheers,

James