Re[2]: False positives

2004-07-04 03:21:15
Hi,

I've got a semi "robotic" system already in existence, including all
kinds of stuff like web-based administration, ability to send
SMS/ICQ/Pager/AIM/MSN/Yahoo/Jabber alerts, emails, etc etc running
from a non-blacklisted high speed connection with hundreds of spare
gigabytes bandwidth capacity, so if anyone wants me to add some
specific tests to create this service, I'm happy to help.

My MTA (Sendmail) currently accepts all incoming emails, so any tests
you want to run will have (as input) the incoming IP address, HELO
string, "MAIL FROM:" and "RCPT TO:" parameters, along with the full
headers and/or email body.  All you need to give me is some clear
indication of what tests *exactly* need to be performed, and what
kinds of responses you want back.  Standalone (Linux) perl code to do
the tests is also appreciated, but not 100% necessary [I'll be
"inlining" the code with my existing mail processing scripts].

I've also got the ability to detect whether recipient mail servers are
checking SPF records in my script as well, in case that's useful, and
also the ability to re-write from an SPF-enabled domain (not to
mention I'm SPF enabled myself, and my forward and reverse DNS for my
MTA work properly), so there's a good chance that receipts I produce
will make it back past the spam filters of whoever is doing the tests
too :-)

As you all know, my mission in life is to eradicate legitimate
emails getting trashed without warning (SPF provides the mechanism to
enable warning senders without DoS problems, which is why I love the
idea so much), so, I'm very happy to help people overcome false
positive problems.

Kind Regards,
Chris Drake