Re: local translations of spf.pobox.com

2004-07-04 23:32:57
Hi,

Obviously, I was talking about the documentation. Notice how sendmail
books are available in german translation, apache docs are available in
many languages, heck even ftp is documented in almost every language.

Seriously, many Germans don't know a word of english, and the French
either do or don't but will reject anything that's only in English (i'm
making generalizations here, let me just continue to do so).

I understand the tendency of americans to think they are the center of
the world, and that there is nothing beside the USA. But let's for once
think global. USA spammers use german, french, dutch, ... domains as
easily, and getting german, french, ... translations will help spf
adoption big time.

Believe me, english isn't that much of a world-language as you may think
in your american arrogance. Really.

Do you think microsoft would dominate the market if they hadn't
translated their manuals to other languages? Right now, linux for
example is starting to become available in many translations, and
believe me it helps people here in holland to get it on their desktops!
When it was in english, it was too difficult for many, now it is
available in dutch: they go for it en masse.

Koen