Re: SPF record interpretation question

2004-07-06 15:11:29
Meng Weng Wong wrote:

that should become some._at_.pobox.com._spf.pobox.com.

Tnx, now I got it.  The digits mean "words" right-to-left, as
in 1 = TLD, 2 = SLD, etc.  You wanted the leftmost "word", and
"1r" does this trick = get the rightmost "word" of the reverse
string.  Where "word" is defined by delimiter "+" in %{l1r+}

we use %o because we also run other domains, eg foobox.com
so some+user(_at_)foobox(_dot_)com will result in a query against
  some._at_.foobox.com._spf.pobox.com

So foobox.com has a sender policy "v=spf1 redirect=pobox.com",
and I finally understand the difference between %{o} as the
"original domain in question" and %{d} as the "domain of the
currently evaluated TXT record".  Which isn't the same after
a redirection or in an inclusion.

                 Tnx + bye, Frank