Re: new user

2004-07-16 12:15:02
cak+spf(_at_)dimebank(_dot_)com said:
Hi,

I'm going to break my usual protocol of watching a list for a few days
before posting, because I'm trying to get SPF up and running on my
OpenBSD box. I'm using sendmail 8.12.9 and spfmilter, and that aspect
of it is going well - it's the DNS resolution that is having a problem.

It might not actually be a problem specific to SPF, actually ... when
I run spfmilter -d -X, what I see is a lot of DNS timeouts when trying
to find TXT records. When I test the same queries with dig, I get
similar results - even though queries for A records are quite speedy.

I don't have any other platforms to test on, so I'm not sure if this
is a platform problem, a TXT problem, or a problem with my upstream
DNS servers ... does this sound familiar?

Have you tried a dig using a different nameserver?  You should get your
result quickly.

Try 'dig txt titosvodka.com @a.ns.tclme.org'