Re: new user

2004-07-16 19:51:38
On Jul 16, 2004, at 11:32 AM, <cak+spf(_at_)dimebank(_dot_)com> wrote:

I'm using sendmail 8.12.9 and spfmilter, [...]

If you can't use a more recent version of sendmail please be certain to
apply the patch at

 http://www.sendmail.org/parse8.359.2.8.html

It might not actually be a problem specific to SPF, actually ... when
I run spfmilter -d -X, what I see is a lot of DNS timeouts when trying
to find TXT records. When I test the same queries with dig, I get
similar results - even though queries for A records are quite speedy.

I have no idea. I haven't ever heard of anything like that, but there is much that I haven't heard of. All I can do is suggest that you experiment

I don't have any other platforms to test on, so I'm not sure if this
is a platform problem, a TXT problem, or a problem with my upstream
DNS servers

My first guess would be upstream DNS servers. But that is mere speculation.

(Are there archives for this list? I couldn't find any.)

I'm sure that by now you've had the opportunity to see the footer appended
to all list postings.

-j