Re: Overly broad ip range in spf - think like a spammer

2004-07-28 06:41:26
On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:19:17 -0400, John Keown wrote
Therefore the domain with excessive ip ranges in the spf records are just
asking to be used by the spammers.

Probably, but this is *still* an improvement over the status quo, when
spammers can use *any* domain with impunity.

I would be perfectly happy to see the spam problem reduced to a few dozen
domains I have to blacklist, instead of the current game where you have to dig
through headers to try to figure out who *really* sent that mail that says
it's from microsoft.com.  (Not to pick on Microsoft -- they're just a domain
that gets spoofed a lot.)