Re: Overly broad ip range in spf - think like a spammer

2004-07-28 09:25:16
Quoting Thomas Harold <tgh(_at_)tgharold(_dot_)com>:

rogerk(_at_)queernet(_dot_)org wrote:

Quoting Koen Martens <spf(_at_)metro(_dot_)cx>:

Besides, i don't see how getting your domain blacklisted is going
to help your customers send their legitimete email...

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.  So fuck the users and their needs,
eh?

Well, ignoring the flamebait... spammers and worms have already done
that for e-mail.  And where you stand on the issue largely depends on
whether or not you've been maliciously joe-jobbed in the past or had to
deal with hundreds of thousands of misdirected bounces.

Or your priorities.  I've been joe-jobbed.  I get a good 1000 pieces of spam a
day personally.  But ultimately I recognize that it's all about delivering the
desired mail, with zero tolerance for lossage and near-zero tolerance for user
inconvenience.

We've been joe-jobbed in the past (maliciously) and we're tired of
seeing thousands of bounce notices for e-mails that we didn't send.

Boo-hoo.  We're tireder of users who can't send their mail, and correspondents
of theirs who can't receive it, because some provider thinks they're helping
them by deciding which messages they can or cannot receive.