Re: Re: [spf-devel] [POLITICAL INFIGHTING] Difference between spf/spf2 srs/srs2

2004-07-29 04:13:02
There is *nothing* that libspf does that libspf2 doesn't, and there are
lots of things that libspf2 does that libspf doesn't.

Well, there is the fact that it compiles with compilers other than GCC.  When
I first came to SPF and was looking for a library, I looked at libspf and
libspf-alt.  It was easier and cleaner to filter the Linuxisms out of libspf
than the GCCisms from libspf-alt ... the consequences were much more obvious.
(Changing the __attribute__((packed)) on a struct with bitfields whose order
was dependent on machine endianness was just too scary for me.)

Rob

--
E-Mail: Rob(_dot_)McMahon(_at_)warwick(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk                PHONE:
+44 24 7652 3037