Re: Re: [POLITICAL INFIGHTING] Difference between spf/spf2 srs/srs2

2004-07-27 13:50:56
On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 06:22, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 09:28:46AM +0200, Roger Moser wrote:
| It would have been the proper etiquette to ask James if he minds that you
| name your libraries libspf2 and libsrs2.

while that this is true, do folks feel it is now a good idea
to push for a renaming effort?  doing a renaming will be a
huge job, apparently, and will slow down the coding work
that is being done in favour of administrative "overhead".
more than likely the *2 projects will lose a number of
volunteers.

Actually, its not a huge job.  Look how quickly he changed it from
libspf-alt to libspf2.

I hardly see how it will "slow down the coding work" between Shevek's
1500 lines of production code per day, and Wayne's apparent view that he
is the coding equivalent of Flash Gordon on the keyboard, I shouldn't
see why there is any reason why the project shouldn't be renamed.

And if this is a problem, I think thats just too bad.  I had been
complaining about this in IRC for MANY weeks now, yet nothing was done.
I warned you all I that it was not an issue I was going to walk away
from.

I've also offered to even purchase a new domain name and even to host
files associated with the project and the very site its self.

Cheers,

James
--
James Couzens,