Re: Re: Interaction with anti-spam systems

2004-08-07 09:54:40
On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 09:49:34 +0200, jpinkerton wrote
For big stuff I tell my clients to use ftp, and set them up
with a simple file upload/download facility on a website

Ugh, FTP.  I don't think FTP has any business being on the modern Internet
either.  It's a nightmare to get through firewalls, it passes passwords in
plaintext, and the whole business of having the server connect back to some
random port on the client is totally broken.  (Yeah, I know about PASV mode,
but then you just have firewall problems on the OTHER end.)

I tell people to forget FTP and use SCP or SFTP instead.  At least those are
decent, well-behaved, modern protocols.