Re: help testing spf-aware MTA

2004-08-10 08:56:53
On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 09:17:54AM -0500, Jonathan C. Detert wrote:

        I want to enable my postfix server to do spf queries, but so
        far, I've only been able to ascertain how to enable it to do
        the spf queries, and to reject requests that fail the spf
        query.

        - a log of each request that was failed, including the date,
          sender address, the purported 'mail from' header, and the
          intended recipient.

Find the rejection line in the log, get the queue ID, find all
lines in the log regarding that queue ID.

        - how to make postfix send an explanation back to the sender
          of why the email was rejected.

You rejected because the sender is not allowed to use that particular
MTA to send from.  Often this is because of a spoofed address.  Replies
to spoofed addresses are not appreciated...

Perhaps you can massage the rejection reason
(554 Mail rejected; host whatever does not permit user joe to send)

HTH
Alex
--
I ask you to respect any "Reply-To" and "Mail-Follow-Up" headers.  If
you reply to me off-list, you'd better tell me you're doing so.  If