TXT as last record

2004-08-16 16:17:56
I have added TXT for SPF in the ZONE file. Our DNS service is with AT&T
and the UI configuration puts the TXT as the last record. I even tried
deleting and adding another record but it still pushes the TXT record
down to the end. Since there is a bug in BIND and TXT can't be the last
record, can anyone help me out in solving this issue.

Thanks.
Noman.

-----Original Message-----
From: Meng Weng Wong [mailto:mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 4:08 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Good Domain List one step closer to reality
(actually two steps)

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 01:17:08AM +0300, Andriy G. Tereshchenko wrote:

| Quote: "Making it easy for senders to obtain accreditation lets
| receivers assume guilty unless proven innocent" Okay. I would like to
| make an apology to person I've called "racist". But statement above
| clearly limits my human rights. It takes away presumption of innocence

| from me. Please, tell me - how I will be able to receive accreditation

| for my 24.odessa.ua domain ? We are not sending 10000's of emails per
| week, all communication for me and my partners limited to our clients
| or contacting others persons on behalf of out clients. This is at most

| 20-30 emails per day. Do you propose me to pay for SSL certificate? Or

| pay for BondedSender? Okay.

No, I don't expect you to pay for accreditation.

I expect you not to pay, and I expect the mail you send to undergo spam
filtering.  We will be in the same boat --- I'm not really interested in
paying $300/year for mengwong.com, either.  I'm hoping very hard that
systems like Gossip will find ways to list mengwong.com and 24.odessa.ua
but I'm not holding my breath.

Domains who don't send enough mail to register in reputation systems
will fall into the gray area and be subject to content filtering, etc.
If they want to get out of the gray area, then they are welcome to
obtain some sort of accreditation.  That accreditation can be monetary
or otherwise.  If they are satisfied with getting spamfiltered, then
they do not have to pay; instead, they can try to convince receiver ISPs
to not spamfilter their mail.

Companies who want to exempt their mail from spam filtering
are the ones I expect to pay for monetary and other types of
accreditation.

You're probably right that domains for which there is insufficient
reputation data outnumber domains which can be confidently
distinguished.  However, over time, as more domains publish SPF records,
and as reputation systems improve, that problem should diminish.

Are there any other ways to beat the "domain churn" problem?

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta
features SPF and Sender ID. To unsubscribe, change your address, or
temporarily deactivate your subscription,