Re: TXT as last record

2004-08-16 16:33:05
On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 04:17:56PM -0700, Noman Salim wrote:
| I have added TXT for SPF in the ZONE file. Our DNS service is with AT&T
| and the UI configuration puts the TXT as the last record. I even tried
| deleting and adding another record but it still pushes the TXT record
| down to the end. Since there is a bug in BIND and TXT can't be the last
| record, can anyone help me out in solving this issue.

The status of the bug is "unconfirmed" --- can you report if
it really is a problem?  It was reported to me but I haven't
heard much more about it, and I don't want to FUD the issue.

I did some test on BIND 9.2.2 and having TXT as the last record didn't seem
to have any problems.

Take care,
Tom Corwine