Re: Some thoughts about spam and SPF

2004-08-18 18:42:30
Well, I'm managing about 1.5 million email boxes right now, and I can
say SMTP AUTH does the job. If someone starts to spam, u can lock it
out.
And I have been blocking the whole comcast, ameritech, verison dsl
networks. 80% of my incoming spam is comming through these providers.
I guess that serious people uses smtp auth.

I'm going to use SPF not to block email, but to whitelist emails so my
anti spam solution won't touch these "ham" email.
If my system detect a spam from a domain using SPF, this domain will
be blocked automatcly.

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:27:26 -0400 (EDT), Stuart D. Gathman