Re: Some thoughts about spam and SPF

2004-08-19 17:05:28
Scott Kitterman (spf(_at_)kitterman(_dot_)com) wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com

I'm sure each customer does have a separate AUTH account, just that
there's no association between AUTH accounts and sending domains.
Setting up and maintaining such associations is definitely a non-trivial
exercise, but necessary really if people want to use a "+" mechanism
rather than a "?" mechanism for the shared server.

Yes, that's it exactly.  I am interested in finding an SMTP provider that
will do that.

For just yourself, or for a pool of non-technical users?  If it's just
you, ssh into your own computer from anywhere in the world and send
mail out.  For non-technical users, it may be harder to set up.  You
could do a co-lo SMTP box, or somehow arrange VPN-like tunnels for them
to somewhere that's SPF-authorized....

greg(_at_)wooledge(_dot_)org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta features
SPF and Sender ID.