RE: Good Domain List one step closer to reality (actually two steps)

2004-08-19 10:31:21
I agree.  A requested one-time email should not require an opt-in.  But the
email should state that it is a one-time email, and that you had requested
it.  The email should give you the date, time, IP address of when/where it
was requested.  At least the receiver stands a chance of remembering he
requested the email and will not report it as spam.

Any opt-in email should also state date, time and IP address as a reminder.

Also, opt-in requests should not be allowed to include ads of any sort.
Opt-in could become the spam if it were allowed to include ads.
The spammers would just fake the requests for the opt-in to cause the opt-in
requests to be sent.

Oh!  Where is the line?
No opt-in verification for a one-time email response to a one-time request.

But, if the above was the law, if the spammer were to fake the request, the
email response would be allowed and it could contain spam.  So, I have
changed my opinion while typing!  Verification for a one time email with an
opt-in is required, and the opt-in can't contain ads.

Guy