Re: Which address of this list should auto-responses go?

2004-08-21 01:51:11
From: "AccuSpam" <support(_at_)accuspam(_dot_)com>

Yes but as I wrote already, an anti-spam system that uses responses can
not do this because as I said the spammer could mimick a list to escape the
anti-spam response mechanism.

Well - maybe an anti-spam system that uses an autoresponder is not the way
to go - but that's a different debate.  We're talking about senderkeys - Not
accuspam!

What happens in the scenario where someone is away from their computer and
wants to send an e-mail from an internet cafe or someone else's machine -
how does senderkeys cope with that scenario?

As an aside - why don't you make the auto-response to mail lists go to
autoresponse_receiver(_at_)some_mail_list(_dot_)mail-lists(_dot_)com and the
admin will very
quickly spot it and point it at /dev/null.  Perhaps a courtesy note to the
list admin would be a polite way of progressing also?  You will have an even
harder job of getting all the mail-lists in the world to comply with
accuspam than you're having with convincing us senderkeys is a good system
;-)

If you set up a mail list for senderkeys, folks who are interested will join
and you will not have to struggle here.  Spamassassin integrates with spf,
but there's no-one here banging on about that, it gets mentioned in the
passing as do such systems as cloudmark and gossip.  Perhaps you need to
build a mail-list/community of senderkeys supporters who will help you
resolve some of the difficulties (real and perceived) you are finding here.
I, and others, don't do forums, so without a mail-list you are already
restricting your support base.

Slainte,

JohnP.
johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com