Re: "RE: Which address of this list shouldauto-responses go?"

2004-08-21 17:52:31
Shelby,

If somebody joins this mailing list, and proceedes to send an advertisement
to everybody who posts, as soon as they post,
will they have spammed?

-Jesse

Yes because that would be unsolicited BULK email.  It is unsolicited by charter
rules.  It becomes BULK when doing it repetitiously.

If only to one recipient, then it only violates charter so is unsolicited or
against charter rules.  But I could not call one email from one sender with bad
content to be spam.  If you send the same content over and over to many people,
yes that is spam in my definitiion.

As I said, I do not want people suing AccuSpam to decide what is good content
and what is bad content.  So instead I prefer definition qualified by BULK.
Then no one can argue.  If many people don't want it, and it is bulk because
many, then it is spam.

So how does forgery fit in?  In my view, forgery is not spam but deleting
forgery does delete mostly spam.

Thanks,
Shelby