RE: Some thoughts about spam and SPF

2004-08-25 16:46:34
At 06:48 PM 8/25/2004 -0400, you wrote:
I have enough problems explaining to users why they are unable to receive
mail from others whose
mail servers are open, trojaned, wormed, or otherwise blacklisted for actual
abuse.

Adding even more non-deterministic approach makes my reality more miserable.

Adding a probability number is MORE deterministic than having recipients all
guess their own number.

No thanks.

Perhaps, if SPF1 does not resolve enough, and/or spammers adapt in ways we
do not predict, then we
may enhance to a version 2 that uses a probabilistic approach.  But lets
learn to walk before we try
to run.

Okay but if early adopters run away from too many undeterminstic results
(customers complaining), there may be no version 2.