RE: a suggestion regarding list volume

2004-09-08 08:56:41
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of Meng
Weng Wong
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 10:47 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: [spf-discuss] a suggestion regarding list volume

if you read a post that is so obviously misguided that you
just HAVE to jump up and respond right away, please don't,
because someone else with less restraint probably already
has.

remember, anything that's obvious to you is probably also
obvious to everybody else.

if this advice seems distasteful, i suggest spending an hour
venting your spleen on Slashdot before coming to
spf-discuss.

                         * * *

unless they've explicitly asked for your advice, trying to
convince someone that they're wrong is usually pointless.

convincing everybody else that that person is wrong tends to
be more effective.

but before you get started, first ask yourself if everybody
else really needs to be convinced.  if your answer is "yes,
because i'm much smarter than the people around me, and
without the benefit of my insight they might well be led
astray", i request that you explicitly indicate that
reasoning in your response.

I'd like to thank you for this excellent advice.  It's saved me making a
number of unnecessary posts both here and on MXCOMP.  It works well for a
number of more general cases too.

Thanks,

Scott Kitterman