Re: SPF validator

2004-09-08 15:57:54
At 05:33 PM 9/8/2004 -0400, you wrote:
On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 05:15:20PM +0200, Koen Martens wrote:

| I have just written an SPF record validator, the source of which follows
| below this message. It is online at
|
|      http://spf.sonologic.nl/

for the record, here's the ESPC's first cut at an SPF validator.
it does end-to-end.

http://spf.espcoalition.org/

Again I want to re-iterate my opinion that there needs to be some structural
enforcement/incentive for validation in the spec, else spf syntax errors have
no incentive to be fixed.  If the e-mail still gets through, and since we know
that most senders are not currently experiencing problems from forgery, and
since recipients have no incentive to notify the sender of error, I see
structural incentive is currently to encourage proliferation of errors.