Re: Fw: Google's gmail.com checks spf records!

2004-09-09 06:40:08
jpinkerton wrote:
From: "Greg Wooledge" <greg(_at_)wooledge(_dot_)org>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 1:25 AM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Google's gmail.com checks spf records!

Roger Moser (Roger(_dot_)Moser(_at_)rama(_dot_)pamho(_dot_)net) wrote:

Take for example this very mail that you are just reading.
Where should the reply go when you click "Reply", to me or to the

list?

  "Some administrators claim that Reply-To munging makes it easier
  for users to respond to the entire list, and helps encourage list
  traffic. These benefits are fallacious. Moreover, Reply-To can have
  harmful -- even dangerous -- effects. If you think Reply-To munging
  is a good idea, I hope I can change your mind."

(If I didn't post it, someone else would....)

And for a counterpoint:

http://www.metasystema.net/essays/reply-to.mhtml

  "Some administrators claim that Reply-To munging can have harmful --
   even dangerous -- effects. I assert the opposite, that not adding a
   Reply-To header has even more harmful effects. If you think Reply-To
   munging is a bad idea, I hope I can change your mind."

Paul.