Re: SPF adoptees

2004-09-10 12:21:57
I am only talking about the pass. It depends on what you consider spam.

If I define spam as commercial email then 90% of the spf pass are spam.
Examples are staples, Fredrick's of Hollywood, natural vitamins, etc.

The actual email by humans were mostly from aol. I looked at less than an
hours worth and this was over 2,000 that passed spf.

It seems that the majority of the adopters of spf are commercial email
marketers -  mailing offers to list. Not sure how many are optin or verified
optin.

But for sure 90% of the email that passed spf was advertising.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Taylor" <dtaylor(_at_)vocalabs(_dot_)com>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 2:36 PM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] SPF adoptees

I'm using guess "a/24 ptr/24 ?all". Here are my current numbers:
Spamminess  Spam        Ham   Key
0.992          6          0   HReceived-SPF:failure
0.154         11         96   HReceived-SPF:none
1.000        438          0   HReceived-SPF:softfail
0.923         76         10   HReceived-SPF:unknown
0.999      10172         19   HReceived-SPF:neutral
0.027        435      24834   HReceived-SPF:pass
0.999         65          0   HReceived-SPF:error

Note that neutral is a .999 spam indicator.

Pass only gets .027 for non-spamminess, with ~2% of the SPF
passes being classified as spam.

What sort of numbers are you getting John?

John Keown wrote:
I have been mirroring spf pass on my mail server. To my disappointment
90%
of all email passing SPF are from email marketers better know as
spammers.
The other 10% is mostly from aol.

I may decide to filter on passing spf as opposed to accepting spf.

Regards
John D. Keown, CEO

NuNet, Inc.
7535 Windsor Dr   Suite A305
Allentown, PA 18195

610 289 6500 ext. 2000

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta
features SPF and Sender ID.

Daniel Taylor          VP Operations            Vocal Laboratories, Inc.
dtaylor(_at_)vocalabs(_dot_)com   http://www.vocalabs.com/
(952)941-6580x203