RE: Re: HELO and Unified

2004-09-15 16:00:27
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, guy wrote:

I hate those dynamic-IP DNS blocklists!
Because of them, I must use my ISPs SMTP servers!
My IP is dynamic, but stays the same for 9 months or more.
If Comcast would do a better job with DHCP, my IP would never change.
My ISP does not offer static IPs.

I would not block you simply because of your dynamic-IP.  I would simply
treat it as if it had no PTR (because the ISP supplied PTR record doesn't
really tell me anything new).  If you had a proper HELO, or an SPF
record, your mail would go through fine from a dynamic IP.  I have
a dynamic IP at home - so I know what you mean.