Re: HELO and Unified

2004-09-15 20:28:26
Seth Goodman wrote:

 [about PRA]
this dog just won't hunt.  It can't hunt because it's dead
and it was born that way.

ROTFL.  BTW, somebody over in MARID found a second case,
where PRA cannot hunt for technical reasons:

A sends to B, B forwards to C using Resent-*, C doesn't know
Resent-* but Sender, and uses it to forward to D.  The MARID
example C was a mailing-list, but that's IMHO too artificial.

Now D looks for a PRA and finds B's Resent-* instead of C's
Sender.  Whatever happens at this hop, it won't work with a
SUBMITTER=C.

Why does Jim Lyon claim that PRA causes less compatibility
problems with legacy software than MAIL FROM ?  I'd guess
that the opposite is true, spf2.0/mailfrom is less trouble
for existing software.

I'm sorry that SES was not thought of first by the SPF
"inner circle" or by Microsoft

Don't.  They would try to patent it.  And they are determined
that dead hounds can hunt.  Updating all mail software world
wide is no problem for M$, because they want to sell it.  I'm
less convinced, any plan to update all existing mail software
should be the FUSSP and not only a PRA.

                            Bye, Frank