Re: Moving forward

2004-10-01 10:08:19
On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 10:07:51 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:

Please add my vote to the list of those in favor of an RFC for SPF Classic
before we do anything else.

I'd suggest:

1.  Someone (how about you) pick which draft we should use as a baseline
2.  We all take a week to send in comments on the draft (editorial/tech
correction only since the goal is to document what is in use, not make it
"Better".)
3.  Based on comments a draft is produced.
4.  Once the draft is out, we have our own "Last call" on this list.
5.  If necessary, the draft is revised and then submitted.

I think this ought to happen quickly.  SPF classic is well understood and
reasonably well documented.  It ought to be the first submission to the IETF
and get whatever leverage is to be had from first mover advantage.

Scott Kitterman

I agree with Scott and the others. First mover advantage will be
important. I do think it would be appropriate to consider and
publicize timeframes for unified or ? (as a step 2) in conjunction
with the publishing of SPF Classic. It helps to set expectations.

Mike