Re: Moving forward

2004-10-01 12:10:56
wayne in <x4hdpeb9ld(_dot_)fsf(_at_)footbone(_dot_)midwestcs(_dot_)com>:
In <e941453904100109286e4ed3ac(_at_)mail(_dot_)gmail(_dot_)com> "Anne
P.Mitchell,

Is there any reason that it can't be ready for submission at the end
of next week?

It needs a lot of tidying up.

You mean besides the fact that both draft authors have explicitly said
that they do not want to standardize SPFv1?

Authors - editors, call 'em what you like - can only document. If
they're unwilling, someone else will step forward.

Moving forward with drafts for SPFv1 will piss Microsoft off.

I'll do my best to find a bucket big enough to hold the world's
tears - will 5cc do, or is that too big?

Both Meng and folks from MS have stated that
"we" are working together and moving forward with SenderID

Not being a wishful thinker, I only need to be bitten once.
Besides, they're unlikely to come up with anything which I'm
prepared to implement, so there's no reason for me to wait.

Publish spfv1 and be damned.