Re: Trying to specify SPF Classic?

2004-10-01 18:04:41
On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 11:03:56AM +0200, Koen Martens wrote:

| Yes, that would be really good. Since I decided to stop worrying about
senderid, i've had a hard time pointing people to the spf standards: there
simply are none besides the unmaintained drafts..

| The first thing should be to incorporate the improvements from the marid
drafts into the spf classic draft.. Perhaps i can find some time for this, but
this will have to wait a couple of days/weeks, and we need these specs now
essentially.

I have proposed to the IETF AD and co-chairs that we publish
an Experimental RFC to document SPF Classic, and also
publish Experimental RFCs for Sender ID to make Microsoft
happy, and also publish Experiemental RFCs that head in the
direction of Unified SPF.

How do people feel about this course of action?