Re: SES (was moving on from MARID)

2004-10-01 18:24:56
On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 02:47:51PM -0400, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

| example.com IN TXT
|       "v=spf1 mx a:smtp.example.com exists:%{l}._ses.example.com -all"
|
| First, the IP is checked.  If this is a first hop and it matches, GREAT, the
| SPF record was probably cached and we have validated the MAIL FROM
| (or HELO) with a minimum of resources.

I think SPF+SES is a fine idea and solves forwarding
unilaterally without need for SRS.  Do you guys have a code
library, etc for a DNS server that answers SES queries?

I also suggest you get on the new BATV/CSV mailing list and
evangelize the above approach.  It seems to me that the
CSV/BATV folks are reinventing DRIP/SES so it might be a
good idea to assert priority there.