Re: What to include...

2004-10-03 19:44:22
Mark Lentczner wrote:

 [optional HELO test if MAIL FROM is not empty]
Do people consider this part of SPF Classic

I'd think so, but IMHO it's not very important if you have
any better (and conflicting) ideas for a later spf2.0/helo
or something else in this direction.

Note that it doesn't affect publishers since they must
publish SPF records at the HELO domain anyway due to the
null MAIL FROM rule.

Yes,

 [Received-SPF]
I am presuming that this should be in the draft.

Yes.  Something like Authentication-Results might be better
in a later spf2.0 set of documents, but that's not yet in a
state to publish it in 4 days.  And without it Received-SPF
is better than nothing.

 [DNS record type]
Do people agree?

Yes, please keep it.  And please keep the new ABNF as far as
possible, and maybe fix some of the minor issues found by Nate
and me in protocol-03.  Archived in MARID, but if you need it
again just ask.  I didn't check the last 800 lines after the
unexpected death of MARID, but you _really_ don't want this
additional slash in dual-cidr-length in the case of ipv6. ;-)
That's an old bug.
                    Bye, Frank