Re: I-D ACTION:draft-leibzon-responsible-submitter-00.txt (fwd)

2004-10-08 06:16:44
william(at)elan.net wrote:

There is nothing stopping whoever wants to do this from also doing
postmaster(_at_)responsible-domain(_dot_)com as a type of default address for
domain.

But I'm against directly allowing just the domain itself as this will reduce
usefullness and many more may start using it by default instead of entering
appopriate email address of person or entity responsible for the email submission and/or forwarding action.

Hmmmm.... wonder if zone files can have an "include" in them? Include <someway or another> virtusertable or, include an automatically output revision of the virtusertable, having only the first half of each entry. So, when I add, update, edit, remove an entry from the mail system, it is automatically updated in bind. I guess restarting the mailserver then would need to restart bind as well, much like it rebuilds the virtusertable now. Hmmm.... I bet there will be some good stuff coming to do this in short order. If no other way, a script which grabs the info needed during a "generate bind" routine.

John Hinton