Re: I-D ACTION:draft-leibzon-responsible-submitter-00.txt (fwd)

2004-10-08 06:34:12

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Hinton" <webmaster(_at_)ew3d(_dot_)com>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 3:16 PM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] I-D
ACTION:draft-leibzon-responsible-submitter-00.txt (fwd)

Hmmmm.... wonder if zone files can have an "include" in them? Include
<someway or another> virtusertable or, include an automatically output
revision of the virtusertable, having only the first half of each entry.
So, when I add, update, edit, remove an entry from the mail system, it
is automatically updated in bind. I guess restarting the mailserver then
would need to restart bind as well, much like it rebuilds the
virtusertable now. Hmmm.... I bet there will be some good stuff coming
to do this in short order. If no other way, a script which grabs the
info needed during a "generate bind" routine.

AFAIK the latest version of BIND allows includes - older ones don't.  And
you won't need to restart Bind - just reload.  I am currently building a
project to use these functions to create sub-domains on-the-fly and have
them automagically available on the net.

For mail - I use sendmail and it needs to be restarted - not a good thing in
a busy environment, so I'm looking at other methods.

Slainte,

JohnP.
johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com
ICQ 313355492