RE: hera.wprost.pl has a bad SPF checker

2004-10-12 11:24:10
OK, I looked it up.

A PTR query on 176.18.45.198.in-addr.arpa says
  name = corp148mr3-11.mcgraw-hill.com

Last time I checked, "mcgraw-hill.com" did not equal "businessweek.com". I
think that the McGraw Hill records are missing some standby or failover mail
relay servers. mcgraw-hill.com emails work but businessweek.com emails
don't. If you are certain to know the entire batch of MH servers, you can
add them to your SPF records without getting MH to change theirs.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of Meng
Weng Wong
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 1:49 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: [spf-discuss] hera.wprost.pl has a bad SPF checker

this points to the need for an implementation conformance
test suite.

if the postmaster for hera.wprost.pl is around: please
upgrade to the latest software.

| Our e-mails are STILL rejected by by hera.wprost.pl due to faulty SPF
| software.
|
| Please, it is essential that we be able to communicate with our business
| colleagues in Poland.
|
| ***It has been over 10 days that this problem has existed.***
|
| Please fix it at once!
|
| We still get this message:
|
| "hera.wprost.pl rejected a message claiming to be from
| Karen_Butcher(_at_)businessweek(_dot_)com(_dot_)
|
| hera.wprost.pl saw a message coming from the IP address 198.45.18.176
which
| is corp148mr3-11.mcgraw-hill.com; the sender claimed to be
| Karen_Butcher(_at_)businessweek(_dot_)com(_dot_)
|
| corp148mr3-11.mcgraw-hill.com is approved for businessweek.com, so that
mail
| should have been accepted."

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta features
SPF and Sender ID.