RE: hera.wprost.pl has a bad SPF checker

2004-10-12 19:42:30
--"Stuart D. Gathman" <stuart(_at_)bmsi(_dot_)com> wrote:

ps: I'm not sure what the ptr means. I'll look that up.

  When appearing in SPF for the McGraw-hill.com domain, ptr means check
  whether the validated PTR record for the IP address ends in
  mcgraw-hill.com - which it does.  That is why the IP passes.

I wonder if the sender could get around this by explicitly saying "ptr:mcgraw-hill.com". But I agree they shouldn't have to be the ones to fix it.