Re: Moving Forward ...

2004-10-13 19:37:15
On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 05:13:30PM -0400, John Glube wrote:

| From the last go around, the clear consensus was that the
| spfv1 protocol should not consider pra checking.

OK, let me try to get some clarification on this.

1) what exactly is everyone's objection to allowing v=spf1
   records to be interpreted in PRA scope?  Let's set aside
   for now the issue of scope disambiguation whether using a
   macro or a /scope tag, and assume that PRA record content
   would be the same as for mailfrom record content.

2) if MS changed the patent license to be compatible with
   free software, would those objections go away?

3) would people rather see Microsoft promote an spf2.0/pra
   syntax, while the opensource world promotes a v=spf1
   syntax?  Again, assume the contents of those records
   would be the same; ignore scope disambiguation for now.