RE: Moving Forward ...

2004-10-13 19:10:57
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of Meng
Weng Wong
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 7:49 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Moving Forward ...

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 05:13:30PM -0400, John Glube wrote:
| * I appreciate some will argue there are lots of benefits
| of simply moving ahead with Microsoft. I appreciate this
| position, however if that were the case, mail from and pra
| would have made it through last call without MARID being
| shut down, with mailfrom and pra checking now on the
| standards track. However, that is not the case. Instead
| what happened is the whole process "blew up," over an
| attempt by Microsoft to simply take over the whole thing.

I'll send out a more detailed summary of my recent
discussions with MS when I get the time, but for now I
should raise the point that the latest versions of the
"core" drafts I saw from MS now treat both mail-from and PRA
on an equal footing, saying that receivers can check either.
So I think that if MARID had gone on for another week, the
latest revision of Sender ID might be much more acceptable
to the group.

I don't know if this point has been brought up before, but
it changes things significantly.

It sure does.  The Sender ID venture in conjuction with the IPR and license
looks more and more like
hijacking SPF all the time.

Terry Fielder
Manager Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
terry(_at_)greatgulfhomes(_dot_)com
Fax: (416) 441-9085

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in
Atlanta features SPF and Sender ID.
To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily
deactivate your subscription,