Re: will PRA checking take off anyway?

2004-10-15 20:35:15

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, wayne wrote:

In <20041015162525(_dot_)GQ1135(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> Meng Weng
Wong <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

I do expect commercial MUAs to implement PRA checks.  I
expect that Microsoft will bundled PRA checks into Hotmail
and Outlook; I expect Qualcomm will bundle PRA checks into
Eudora.

And I expect PRA to be put into these products no sooner than 2005 and
likely no sooner than 2007.

I have to agree. Upgrading MUAs has always been slow process and
programming and testing changes to go there also takes some time.

I really see no reason why Microsoft can't wait 6 months and let us
hammer out SPF2 format that will include scoping support or introduce
scoping into spf1 by some other means.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks