RE: SPF and moderated newsgroups

2004-10-20 15:35:49
On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

If I post to a moderated group then yes - I want the bounces if I provide a
valid address in the From: field.  Imagine posting to a moderated group,
then having the post rejected for some reason - I want to know about it,
otherwise I wouldn't be able to see the article in the group.

If the moderator is using the NNTP gateway as a forwarder, the usual comments
about how forwarding is the recipients responsibility apply here.

And there is a problem *only* if the moderator is checking SPF *and*
screwed up forwarding.

I have posted a summary of how to handle forwarding when checking SPF:

http://gathman.org/papers/spf-forwarding.html

Please note that forwarding is not the senders problem.