RE: Re: When did we lose control?

2004-10-20 15:22:17
An open letter to the SPF community, motivated by the following two postings
to this list:

From: Meng Weng Wong
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 6:13 PM

<...>

The folks who asked me, back in January, to work with
Microsoft to produce a single standard, would have to ask me
to stop.

Instead they have been emailing me directly saying "please
keep going".  They won't say it here, because we seem to
have turned this mailing list into a cross between a
kangaroo court and a witchhunt, but it's what I'm hearing.

I think it is important to keep the domain owners in mind
--- those millions of folks who will have to actually do the
dirty work of publishing the records.  Keeping things as
simple as possible for them is, in my view, what will make
all this a success --- not fighting over details that they
will ultimately find irrelevant.