Re: *****SPAM***** Re: Re: When did we lose control?

2004-10-19 13:14:07

----- Original Message -----
From: "Boyd Lynn Gerber" <gerberb(_at_)zenez(_dot_)com>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 3:29 PM
Subject: *****SPAM***** Re: [spf-discuss] Re: When did we lose control?

Like Meng has said this place is more like a kangaroo court and a
witchhunt.  If I were them I would be begging Meng to keep everything
quite.  Many times there are reasons that people have to meet in private.
As was suggested in a later post from this one.  They may not be able to
acknowledge any ties.  We have a problem that needs to be resolved all the
who, what, where, when, why, right now really does not matter.  We need to
do what we can with what is now available to us.  Let's move on and get
SPF as the solution.  All these side tracks and wanting of details just
stops the progress.  We need to move on if it be one or many solutions.
If we do not something else will.

That belief is understandable: there's some serious bashing here. However,
the idea that people send email privately exhorting Meng to continue
pursuing cooperation with Microsoft is like dating someone who has another
relationship and won't tell you their name. It's troubling, and difficult to
compete *or* cooperate with such people if you don't even know what they're
offering or suggesting.

Meng may find these people trustworthy and appropriate to work with, but we
don't know them, and therefore would have to extend our trust in Meng to
correctly interpret their statements and negotiate their requirements. That
doesn't work well.

Meng, please encourage these people to come forward with their beliefs or
claims. I'd rather know if someone sensible disagrees with the belief that
Microsoft should not be cooperated with so that we can address their
concerns or vice versa, rather than leave you in the middle.