Re: Re: When did we lose control?

2004-10-19 07:35:46
Abraham Lincoln June 1858

[elipsis added]

We are now far into the fifth [nearing the first] year since a policy was
initiated with the avowed object and confident promise of putting an end
to slavery agitation [cf. Forged From: field]. Under the operation of that
policy, that agitation has not only not ceased, but has constantly
augmented. In my opinion, it will not cease until a crisis shall have been
reached and passed. A house divided against itself cannot endure and
permanently stand. I believe this government [Community] cannot endure
permanently half slave and half free [**Insert your favorite SPF dispute
here**]. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved; I do not expect the
house to fall; but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become
all one thing or all the other.

--Isn't it time to put an end to this thread?

--
God shed his grace on America -- Ronald Regan
(In an interview with Barbara Walters)

This email was sent using EZOnlineMail.
http://www.ezonlinemail.com/