Re: When did we lose control?

2004-10-21 16:36:08
Roger Moser wrote:

(as Wayne pointed out to me) there still could be a
slash, for example in the macro "%{d./}".

Sigh.

So choosing "%!" instead of "%/" did no help.

It helps a bit, because the delimiters can only appear
"within" macro-expand in the context of a domain-spec.

But if it's messy whatever you do then the obvious %/
is probably better.

If unknown-mechanism is deleted, then unknown-modifier
is the only place using macro-string.  This could be
simplified to...

   unknown-modifier = name "=" *( macro-literal / "/" / "%" )

...because nobody wants to parse an unknown-modifier.
The next space or EOF terminates it.  After deleting
all macro-string it can be used for a "macro-with-sp":

   macro-string = *( macro-literal / macro-expand / "/" / " " )

For the next draft we need signed confirmations by all
participants, that this is _really_ the final syntax.

Or Wayne's "validating evaluation", that's like burning
all bridges you have crossed.
                               Bye, Frank